Thursday, March 16, 2023

GM Assembly Line Quality Alert Trim Left Placard

I have never heard of the existence of these placards, but it makes sense that they would exist. When I worked the Boeing 747 assembly line many years ago there were always "pick-up's" that had to be worked later than usual in the assembly process for whatever reason. They would move the plane out of the assembly line to await whatever thing needed to be addressed before final delivery was approved.

I suppose this is like that, eh?

I find it odd that they would laminate it. Maybe they used grease pencil on them and they were designed to be removed and reused? Haha, if that's the case, it makes me wonder: What item(s) were originally checked as 'needing attention' and were those items completed? One will never know!

Here are shots of both sides:

 

I've owned a lot of vehicles over the years (and worked on even more), and I've never seen one of these before so I thought I'd share it with the squarebody world.

No comments: